How and where did I find the best tallit prayer shawls?



A tallit is not just a piece of cloth in the lives of a Jew. It keeps significant importance in religious as well as well spiritual terms. Its relation to 613 commandments of the Torah remains a prominent reason. Today, tallit-prayer shawls are not worn solely by Jews, but Christians also use them.
I was looking to by a bar mitzvah tallit for my little boy who was about the age for this ceremony. Bar Mitzvah is one of the auspicious ceremonies and everyone in the family celebrates this ceremony as the young one gets blessed. In search for finding something new, I almost visited every Judaica store in the market. But things were as usual and boring!
What are AS-USUAL tallits!
It means that most of them were very common and had normal designs.
Bar Mitzva is once in a lifetime occasion and I wanted something different. In fact, I had an image set in my mind. When you have decided the type you are looking for, it becomes very difficult to make a selection from the common ones.
What I was searching for?
Now you might not face a challenge like me because I am an artist. With an artistic eye, I always wanted hand painted things. But most of the places you will find normal machine prints.
Hand painted costs more. But considering the occasion, it is acceptable. Even when after searching for about a week, I was fed up with the products, I thought to make one. But the time was very less.
The last option left was to search online
If you search for tallit prayer, multiple websites comes up. Now being a layman in online retail stores, I asked my nephew to look for it. He is an expert and orders most of the things online.
He says that online shopping is the best as you can have products in much lesser prices than retail stores – around on the street! Trusting his word of mouth, I sat with him to hunt the best product down.

Tallit – Prayer Shawls from Galilee Silks
As we were going through various products, suddenly one product caught my eye. It was not only excellent, but was made on pure fabric. Purity of fabric keeps significant importance in Jewish customs.
We made a general search in Google, and hovered through in the images section. This particular tallit was not only hand painted, but was hand as well. But that was not the design I was searching for. So I asked my nephew to click on the visit website tab.
As he clicked, I was amazed to find such diverse varieties! Moreover, the products were not only unique but had various categories. Prices at Galilee Silks are reasonable and I guarantee that you will not find similar products anywhere else!
I ended up buying not only tallits but hand painted scarves!
One of the biggest concerns for tallits is; it must come with a matching kippa, an atara and a bag. This makes a product complete. At Galilee Silks you are going to find them all. In fact, if you go through the color chart on their websites, you will find some unique patterns. I was so attracted that I bought 4 scarves for my loved ones.
Verdict
Galilee Silks is a complete Judaica Store as is the best among the market. I now believe that online markets are better than retrial store on the streets in most of the cases. In fact the prices are much reasonable!
So if you are willing to find the best Tallit-prayer shawls, get them here. If you are having queries, connect with me directly through this post. Pots your queries in the comments and I will be happy to help.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram